Advanced Materials Research & Development
Our materials research and development departments combine R&D100 Award-winning nanochemistry with cutting-edge materials science. Zyvex uses the latest testing and analysis equipment to pre-certify developed materials with category-leading performance advancements.
In partnership with the CAPE Lab at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology (SDSM&T), Zyvex R&D uses a 15,000 sq. ft research facility in Rapid City, South Dakota, USA. The CAPE Lab is focused on composites and polymer engineering and spans the following key areas:
- Product & Process Development
- Analysis Support
- Proof of Concepts
Materials R&D capabilities and equipment include:
- Composite Material Development
- Rapid Tool Fabrication
- Composite Part Fabrication
- Polymer Processing
- Sample Preparation and Characterization
- Numerous Additional Materials Characterization Capabilities (Including multiple types of SEM, X-Ray, Laser, Nuclear, UV, Gel/Gas, Nano/Micro, Thermal, Torque, and Infrared Analysis)
At Zyvex we are constantly developing new ways to utilize nanomaterials to allow our customers to deliver tougher, lighter, and standard-setting products.